Welcome to Ethiopian Law Group. Ethiopian Law Group is best known for its combined legal expertise acquired from formal legal education and long years of experience in different areas of Ethiopian Laws. Over the years, we have established numerous capabilities in Ethiopian laws that enables us to be the desirable right hand for the clients we serve. We aspire to offer our clients a professional legal advice over many legal areas. The Lawyers of Ethiopian Law Group have worked diligently in many different private and governmental posts and have acquired an immense experience & expertise. Our Lawyers have worked diligently to:
- Establish representative offices & Corporate entities,
- Negotiate joint ventures with Ethiopian businesses,
- Draft license agreements,
- Guide with various issues of Customs & Revenues and export/import business,
- Negotiate and draft acquisition agreements,
- Draft employment contracts,
- Counsel regarding immigration matters, Work Permits and
- Coordinate with Ethiopia counsel to take advantage of trade, investment, and other treaties between Ethiopia and other countries, to name a few.
Trademark Registration Service
You have put a lot of time and effort into creating your business. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re already established, a registered trademark will help expand the protection of your brand nationwide. Good will of a business is the most important part of a trade and it is embodied in its trademark. Trademark is part of intellectual property in Ethiopian Trademark Registration and Protection Proclamation No. 501/2006. Ethiopian Law Group provides a trademark registration service as your reliable trademark agent.
Company and Commercial Law Advice
Ethiopian Law Group provides legal advice to suppliers and customers on a broad range of commercial contracts across all business and industry sectors. Our experience includes:
- Supply and distribution arrangements
- Maintenance and support arrangements.
- Manufacturing agreements
- Sales and marketing
- Joint ventures
- Tax Advice
We realize our clients need to understand the cost, effects and implications of tax on transactions they are involved in and on the overall running of business.
Ethiopian Law Group provide advice on legal aspects of taxation matters for various organizations, sectors and industries ranging from general advice on the taxation environment and tax obligations in Ethiopia, to sector and industry specific advice.
Our areas of specialization in tax matters include:
- Capital gains and income tax
- Value added tax (VAT)
- Customs and Excise duties
- Tax obligations for petroleum exploration companies
- Double taxation agreements
- Appeals preparation before the tax tribunal
- Legal due diligence on taxation
- Taxation of intellectual property rights
- Withholding taxes
- Taxation in the betting and gaming industry
- Tax refunds and redeeming of dividends by the Ethiopian Revenue Authority
- Employment/Labor Law Advice
We provide advice to corporate entities employing large numbers of Ethiopians as well as medium and small scale corporate entities. We handle the full range of issues arising in the workplace. These include:
- tax and benefits laws applicable to employees
- employee share ownership schemes
- employee benefits
- executive contracts
- redundancies and terminations
- unfair dismissal
- Employment legislation
- union representation
- pensions and retirement benefits legislation
- Employment issues upon a transfer of business.
- terms and conditions of employment
- Merger and Acquisition Advice
The legal environment for the public company merger and acquisition activity in the Ethiopia has changed dramatically over the last several years, and the process of change continues apace. Ethiopian Law Group assists clients with the appropriate financing for mergers and acquisitions and provides advice concerning the drafting, negotiation, and performance of contracts for the sale of portions of the business.
Ethiopian Law Group advises clients to ensure the transaction is in compliance with Federal and state laws. We work with our clients to evaluate the strategy and tactical advantage of a friendly versus hostile transaction.
Joint Ventures and Business Formation Advice
Businesses increasingly embrace joint ventures and strategic alliances as an optimal means of achieving goals. Ethiopian Law Group provides specialist advice on the formation, operation, and termination of joint venture agreements and strategic alliances. We put the legal framework in place to achieve this, whether through traditional corporate structures or through limited partnerships or strategic agreements.
We also add value by combining our experience in structuring joint venture entities with relevant legal expertise in related fields. Ethiopian Law Group offers an integrated service focused around clients’ commercial needs, drawing on our specialists in competition and regulatory corporate governance and tax.
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Ethiopian Law Group delivers practical legal solutions to highest standards in Ethiopia. Ethiopian Law Group provides clear, relevant and timely legal advice and actively pursues all possible avenues of dispute resolution. In this way we believe we assist our clients in achieving their objectives and managing their legal risks with as little disruption to their business as possible.
Land and Property Advice
Ethiopian Law Group advises on the purchase and sale of properties in the Ethiopia. Our property specialists deal with both residential and commercial property transactions. We act for developers, property consultants and all types of landlord and commercial property tenants needing advice that can only be provided by our experienced specialist property lawyers..
We realize that a residential sale or purchase is a big decision for most people. We deal with all aspects of the purchase through to completion.
We can also advise in the following areas:
- Buying at Auction
- Contract Disputes
- Household Disputes
- Investment Property
- Buy-to-Let Property
- Leasehold Properties
- Re-possession Proceedings
- Tenancy Agreements
- Transfer of Title
- Unlawful Eviction
- Legislative Drafting Advice
Ethiopian Law Group provides any legal advice, using the diverse expertise and knowledge of its partners and associates, on various arrays of Laws of the country. Your solution starts the moment you knocked at our door!